Azores Tours, 10 days
- Pico (Madalena)
- Pico (Madalena), visit Pico volcano, verboot to Faial (Horta)
- Faial (Horta), visit Caldeira and Capelinhosvulkaan
- Faial (Horta), ferry to São Jorge (Velas)
- São Jorge (Velas)
- São Jorge (Velas)
- São Jorge (Velas), flight to Sao Miguel (Pta. Delgada)
- São Miguel (Pta. Delgada), Lagoa das Furnas
- São Miguel (Pta. Delgada)
- São Miguel (Pta Delgada.)
Day by day
Dates and prices
Accommodations & Meals
We stay in a centrally located, nice hotels where the rooms are always equipped with private shower and toilet. At a number of hotels there is a swimming pool. The hotels are within walking distance of the inner cities or sights. Some of the hotels on Faial and São Jorge are at beautiful locations and offer great views of the surrounding ocean.
Examples of hotels.
Madalena Hotel Caravelas
Horta Horta Hotel
São Jorge Hotel Sao Jorge Garden
Ponta Delgada Hotel Canadiano
On this trip breakfast is included in the price. You may choose where you want to have lunch or dinner in the evening. There are many options for dining out. In the Azores, one considers meals as a social event, so it's extra fun at mealtimes in the restaurants.
Casas de pasto are small eateries with a limited menu where you can find excellent food. Of course there is fish in all shapes and sizes, particularly on Faial São Miguel the most famous regional dish is 'cozido das Furnas'; a dish of meat and vegetables cooked in the pits along the shores of the Lagoa das Furnas. The locals are fond of the, in our opinion , a fairly tasteless cheese, which is really nice with the delicious piri sauce.
The local wines quite good as is the local pineapple liqueur, a good finish to the meal.
Flights & Transportation
We provide the land package only so you will need to procure your own flight from the United States or Canada. Do not book your flight until you have written confirmation that the group has ample participants for the trip to go.
On our website in the dates and prices section of this trip, dates that display a green tag with a "G" are extremely likely to go. If you book this trip, in the unlikely instance that we do not reach our numbers for the trip to go, you will be credited $250 towards another trip.
When you book your flights, coordinate your arrival, so that you will not miss any portion of the trip, book your flights to arrive at the same time or before the Dutch participants arrival as indicated below. If you schedule your departure for the same time or within a couple hours after the Dutch participants, you can take advantage of the bus group transfer to the airport at no additional charge. Otherwise, the transfer to the airport will be at your own expense for any participant booking a land package.
Dutch participants will fly with Tap Portugal. (Subject to change)
Amsterdam - Lisbon 11:50 to 13:50
Lisbon - Pico 15:00 to 16:40
Sao Miguel (Ponta Delgade) - Lisbon 11:35 to 14:45
Lisbon - Amsterdam 19:55 to 23:50
The domestic flight from Sao Jorge Island to Sao Miguel is carried out with the local airline SATA. From Faial to Pico and Faial to Sao Jorge we use the ferry. The trip departing on May 1, 2015 has a different schedule and a different route.
For the Azores a valid passport is needed valid for at least six months after your departure/
Currency in Azores ; Euro
ATMS: there are ATMs in Madalena, Horta and Ponta Delgada Velas
Cash accepted : Euro
Credit cards : Accepted in larger restaurants and shops
Estimated out of pocket expenses weekly per person. $225
It is customary to give gratuities for services rendered. To prevent you having to pay so many gratuities a tip jar is organized at the beginning of the trip, from which the (joint) tips are paid to drivers, guides, hotel staff, etc. . Count on about $25 per person.
Photos & video
Book Trip/Trip Inquiry
Are you ready to book a trip?
* Submit this form to begin your reservation process. Confirm that names exactly as they appear on a current passports. If names on your international, domestic flights or visas (if applicable) do not match your name as it appears on your passport, some countries will deny you entry.
TIP: Also verify your name on your flight records, within 24 hours after reserving to avoid change or cancellation penalties.
* Pay by personal check or credit card: Visa, Mastercard, American Express
* Call us with your charge card information. Your place will be reserved upon receipt of funds for required deposit.
* Refer to the Prices & Dates page for an overview of your total costs & deposit
* Download the Booking Form with Terms and Conditions
* Fax for with signatures for all participants 18 and over to 484-595-9140 . Or scan to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Or mail Djoser, Inc., 154 Woodgate Lane, Paoli, PA 19301 - Attn: Luke Neal